Kannadigas and film lovers from across the country bid a tearful goodbye to the Sandalwood Power Star Puneeth Rajkumar this morning. Puneeth’s last rites were performed by his brother Raghavendra Rajkumar’s son and young hero Vijay Rajkumar just a while ago at the Sree Kanteerava Studio in Bengaluru with full state honors. Puneeth was buried near his legendary father Rajkumar and mother Parvathamma’s graves in the presence of several film stars from Sandalwood and other film industries in India.
Puneeth Rajkumar (46) suffered a massive cardiac arrest while working out in his gym on Friday morning (Oct 29). He has first taken to his family doctor, who diagnosed an acute cardiac arrest through an ECG and immediately referred him to Vikram Hospitals in Bengaluru. Puneeth was admitted to the ICU at Vikram Hospitals in an unresponsive condition. Doctors’ efforts to save the actor’s life went in vain and he was declared dead at around 3 PM on Friday.
Puneeth Rajkumar is survived by his wife and two daughters. His elder brother Shiva Rajkumar is a top star in Sandalwood.
Articles that might interest you:
- Interview : Priyanka Jawalkar – I got a great scope to act in Gamanam
- Akhanda’s day 3 AP, TS collections; Continues solid run
- EMK: Mahesh-Jr NTR special episode telecasts tonight
- Akhanda’s Hindi dubbing rights sold for a bomb
- Bangarraju’s Naa Kosam is a breezy melody
- Gamanam gets clean ‘U’ certificate