Truth be told, Puri Jagan is a trendsetter in raising the bar for heroism quotient in a film. Some directors have story line as their forte. Puri’s strength is his characterization. His character’s heroism is a mix of raw power and impishness. It’s that sense of mischief and quirkiness that endeared Ravi Teja to so many female fans in Idiot. Mahesh’s casualness in Pokiri was charming. Ditto with Businessman.
That’s a mix that very few directors bring to the table. Magadheera will primarily remain a Rajamouli film. Eega will be no exception. But in Puri’s case the hero retains his relevance. Characters in Idiot, Pokiri and Businessman have given their heroes long lasting power at the box office. The term used in the industry is “range.” Puri Jagan’s films increase the range of a hero.
No wonder we have Mahesh tweeting “Jagan garu gave me super stardom with Pokiri, with Businessman, he’s taken me to the next level as an actor. Couldn’t have asked for more:) Thank you sir. (I) will always b indebted 2 you”
Articles that might interest you:
- Nithiin has no time for wedding planning
- Chiru’s son-in-law’s second film to be wrapped up in Goa
- Veteran actor-filmmaker back with his next directorial
- Top music composer joins TikTok
- Satyadev to team up with Nithiin
- Horrific accident on Indian 2 sets leaves 3 dead, several injured