Director Puri Jagannadh surprised everyone by penning an open letter to Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Puri took to Twitter and posted a letter on single use plastic and its impact on climate change. Puri said that banning single use plastic is not the only solution to mitigate climate change.
Puri said that climate change is largely due to the irresponsibility and indiscipline of human beings who abused plastic with their lax and lazy attitude. He opined that banning plastic would lead to cutting down of more and more trees, which will again cause a severe imbalance in the ecosystem.
Puri also gave a few regulatory measures to control climate change. He said that people should move towards electric vehicles, which will cut down the emission of dangerous gases. He also suggested that more awareness must be created regarding the right usage of plastic and that incentives should be given to people who use plastic the right way.
Dear Hon'ble Prime Minister Shri @narendramodi ji
IS SINGLE USE PLASTIC REALLY A PROBLEM? pic.twitter.com/sf6A6WMA45
— PURIJAGAN (@purijagan) October 20, 2019
Articles that might interest you:
- Balakrishna’s stylish stills create a good buzz for Ruler
- Action opens slightly better than Tenali Ramakrishna BA BL
- Sai Pallavi teams up with acclaimed director for Netflix series
- After Khaidi, Karthi borrows another Chiru film’s title
- Ala Vaikunthapuramlo to be a visual feast
- Venkatesh to go retro in Venky Mama’s new song