Director Puri Jagan is on the verge of completing a rare feat which has not happened in the Telugu Film Industry for the last 15 – 20 years. For the year 2012, 4 films of Puri Jagan will be releasing, that too with top heroes. This is an incredible feat in this day and age, where many directors put out less than one film a year. In the order of release, the four films will be ‘Businessman’, ‘Devudu Chesina Manushulu’, ‘Cameraman Ganga tho Rambabu’ and Allu Arjun’s project which will release on December 21st.
This incredible speed is being widely appreciated in the industry. A film analyst said “This used to happen in the olden days, when NTR, ANR and Krishna used to work on multiple films at a time and have 4-5 releases a year. Kodi Rama Krishna garu was perhaps the last person to direct and release 4 -5 films in the same year and it happened all the way back in 1988-89. This speed is very good for the industry as big productions bring employment and livelihood to a lot of people”
Way to go Puri Jagan! Let us wish him the best of luck for his two remaining projects of the year.
- Superstar lends support to a fundraiser in New York
- Sai Pallavi-Sharwa’s Padi Padi Leche Manasu nears completion
- Sunny Leone turns down offer to be part of Game Of Thrones
- Sundeep Kishan bags a key role in Raj-Dk’s next
- Star hero’s son donates debut film’s remuneration for Kerala flood relief