Even though most film units have resumed shootings post lockdown Puri Jagannadh and Vijay Deverakonda’s intense sports drama, Fighter, has not resumed its shoot. This long delay led to the rumors of late that the film has been stalled due to a major financial crunch as a result of the lockdown.
But here’s the clarification straight from the film’s team. Fighter’s shoot has not resumed due to the lack of permissions and the visas. The makers have planned major schedules on Mumbai streets and the USA. However, the Mumbai Police authorities are not willing to permit any shootings in the public. On the other hand, the US authorities are yet to sanction the visas for film shootings.
The unit is hopeful of getting the necessary permissions for the Mumbai schedule after the Sankranthi festival. Bollywood starlet Ananya Panday is the leading lady in this pan-India multilingual film. Karan Johar is co-producing the movie in association with Puri and Charmme.
Articles that might interest you:
- Security beefed up for Saif Ali Khan
- Revealed- Budget of Vijay-Puri’s LIGER
- Prabhas’ Adipurush all set for a grand launch
- Sonu Sood eyeing Sankranthi hit for a remake?
- Fans worship Liger’s first look with a beer bath
- Poll : What’s your opinion on LIGER’s first look?