R. Narayana Murthy needs no introduction. He has carved a name for himself as a filmmaker with revolutionary and socialist ideals and his films reflect this philosophy. He is all set to begin production of a new film that has been titled ‘People’s War’. The story revolves around the agitation against the Thermal Power Plant project near Sompeta in Srikakulam district.
Narayana Murthy toured the affected areas and interacted with the villagers who were opposing the project. The filmmaker says that he is deeply inspired by this movement. “Somepeta is witnessing one of the greatest people’s struggle in the history of independent India. I am deeply moved by the spirit of the people here and I feel it is my duty as a social filmmaker to portray their struggles on screen.”, said a very emotional Narayana Murthy. Shooting of the movie will begin from the 27th of this month in the areas surrounding the power project.
- C/O Kancharapalem’s trailer gets a thumbs up from celebs and movie lovers
- Geetha Govindam strikes half-a-million-dollar in the US
- Staggering remuneration for Ram Charan’s villain
- Culprit who leaked Aravindha Sametha’s raw footage is still absconding
- Makers of NTR & Kapil Dev biopics to produce Jayalalithaa’s biopic