Ragini Dwivedi is a household name in Karnataka, and she is one of the leading actresses in Kannada cinema. However, in 2020, she suffered a major setback when she was arrested when her name popped up in a drug scandal which rocked the Kannada film industry. She spent nearly four months in jail as an under trial, before she was granted bail.
Now, the actress has announced that she’s all set to return to films with an entertainer titled Kaarva 3. “The year 2020 was testing for everybody, some had it tougher. I have emerged stronger and victorious after one of my most testing times. Kaarva 3 is a fun film, and I’m playing a sensitive role and it’ll have me portraying a variety of real emotions. I’ve already begun preparing for the role and will shoot for it in March,” she said. To be directed by newcomer Vishal Sekhar, the film also stars Tilak and Meghana Gaonkar in lead roles.
Prior to the scandal which rocked the whole industry, Ragini had plenty of films to her credit and she was also the co-owner of a cricket team. Now, it remains to be seen how she emerges from the shadows of her recent past.
Articles that might interest you:
- Varudu Kavalenu’s Sri Rama Navami poster is simple and classy
- Dark clouds are back over Rajini’s Annaatthe’s shoot
- Rumors on Jayalalithaa biopic Thalaivi’s OTT release put to rest
- New poster from Nithiin’s Maestro out on Sri Rama Navami
- Sai Dharam Tej’s Republic may be postponed
- Star heroine’s wish to sing and dub in Telugu