Oscar winning music composer AR Rahman has expressed concern over the state of Indian music in our films. Speaking to a national English daily following the release of his concert film ‘One Heart’, Rahman said that the Indian elements of music are slowly disappearing from mainstream Bollywood films.
Rahman believes that filmmakers are forcing music composers to make music that would generate revenue 100 crores and that composers are being asked to compose for films, half of which have been shot in Europe. “They don’t get to use the Indian classical music because of that,” Rahman said.
Articles that might interest you:
- Another hero lives in a separate room after shooting
- Power Star wraps up shoot, ready for release
- Poll : Which of these senior stars should stop doing song and dance films?
- This is when theaters in China will reopen
- Hanu Raghavapudi-Dulquer Salman film put on hold?
- Netflix announces streaming date of Janhvi Kapoor’s Gunjan Saxena