Oscar winning music composer AR Rahman has expressed concern over the state of Indian music in our films. Speaking to a national English daily following the release of his concert film ‘One Heart’, Rahman said that the Indian elements of music are slowly disappearing from mainstream Bollywood films.
Rahman believes that filmmakers are forcing music composers to make music that would generate revenue 100 crores and that composers are being asked to compose for films, half of which have been shot in Europe. “They don’t get to use the Indian classical music because of that,” Rahman said.
- Anupama Parameswaran derives inspiration from heroes
- Rajini’s strict warning to fans over selling 2.0 tickets in black
- Popular singer-composer excited about Saaho
- Taxiwaala inches towards half-a-million-dollar mark in US
- It’s terrifying to dance alongside Prabhudeva : Amyra Dastur