Raj Madiraju, the director of Rushi, has been judged the Best Debut Director at Dada Saheb Phalke Film Festival. This film festival began in 2011 to mark the birth anniversary of Dada Saheb Phalke, the father of Indian cinema. Rushi was the only Telugu film in content at the film festival. The film had Arvind Krishna and Surpriya Sailaja in lead roles and it followed the life of a doctor who donates his own organs to save a young boy’s life. Several critics appreciated the film, although the film didn’t do well at box-office. Ramesh Prasad had produced the film.
- Sree Vishnu’s striking makeover garners attention
- Fans defend Vijay amid Sarkar’s first look controversy
- Suresh Babu confirms Venky-Rana multi-starrer
- Bigg Boss Tamil runs into trouble
- First look of Nithya Menen’s ‘one-actress’ film Praana is out