Ace director S S Rajamouli has pledged to donate his organs. Last night he attended an organ donation stall at the Gandhi Medical College, where he was invited as a guest for an event and after talking to the students and doctors present at the event, he decided to take this initiative. “Thanks to all medicos and professors. Had a gr8 time at Gandhi medical college. I pledged to donate my organs and anyone who wish to donate their organs or be a volunteer,visit http://www.mohanfoundation.org i learnt organs from one body can give life to 8 people,” he tweeted. In the past, actors like Amala Akkineni, Arvind Krishna and Harshvardhan Rane had signed up with the same foundation to donate their organs. Few others like Lakshmi Manchu, Navdeep and Nagarjuna have already pledged to donate their eyes. It’s great to see at least some of the members from Telugu film fraternity going out of their way and support noble causes. In India, every year hundreds of people die because of non-availability of organs at the last minute and such initiatives which are vocally supported by celebrities will be of great help to save precious lives.
Articles that might interest you:
- Raju Gari Gadhi 3’s first-day AP/TG collections
- Akkineni hero doing a superhero film?
- Bigil’s worldwide pre-release business details
- Dil Raju-Krish join hands for a project
- Poll : In which of these genres should Mahesh and Rajamouli collaborate?
- Mahesh extends greetings on his ‘super’ producer’s birthday