Over the past few years, Bollywood filmmakers have been venting out their ire on the censor panel for acting strict with unjust rules and not clearing their films, giving them a hard time before their films’ releases. The Bollywood-Censor board war aggravated recently when the censor chief Pahlaj Nihlani refused to clear the upcoming Hindi film, Udta Punjab.
Joining the long list of filmmakers who expressed their dissent on the existing censor system, director Rajamouli, who was in Delhi yesterday to receive the CNN-News 18 ‘Indian of the Year: Entertainment 2015’ award, said that his sympathies lie with these struggling filmmakers as he is a filmmaker himself.
“The simple logic is how can 6, 7 or 10 members decide what is good or not good for the entire nation. Being a family head, I should decide what is good for me, my family or my kids to watch, not someone else,” said Rajamouli.
- Director Guhan’s real-life incident inspires Kalyan Ram’s 118
- Avunu actress Poorna to share screen space with a star hero
- Hilarious comic episodes in Allu Arjun-Trivikram film
- Nandamuri hero follows Mahesh Babu’s route
- Rajamouli not following Maryada Ramanna & Eega strategy for RRR