The Indian government today announced the list of luminaries to be awarded with the prestigious Padma awards. As expected, Superstar Rajinikanth and media baron and veteran filmmaker Ramoji Rao have been selected for Padma Vibhushan, the country’s second highest civilian award.
In a much deserved achievement, maverick director SS Rajamouli has been chosen for Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award in India. Following the monstrous success of Baahubali, Rajamouli is now a national icon.
Bollywood senior actor Anupam Kher, Singer Udit Narayan, Tennis star Sania Mirza, ace shuttler Saina Nehwal, Y Lakshmi Prasad and Dr. Nageswara Reddy will be awarded Padma Bhushan and Bollywood stars Ajay Devagan, Priyanka Chopra and filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar will be awarded Padma Shri.
- Sai Dharam Tej-Gopichand’s movie from July
- Young filmmaker to direct Queen’s Telugu remake?
- Vijayendra Prasad completes script for Rowdy Rathore 2
- Aadi exudes confidence on his next
- Film in Oohalu Gusagusalaade combo in the offing?