Released amid heavy expectations in 2014, the Superstar Rajinikanth-starrer 3D animated film, Kochadaiyaan, ended up as a huge disappointment for fans and trade people. However, thanks to Rajini’s craze, the film was dubbed into Telugu, Punjabi, Marathi, Bhojpuri and Hindi languages. Now, Kochadaiyaan is all set to create a unique record.
As per the latest reports, Kochadaiyaan will be the first film in 50 years to be dubbed into Kannada. The last other language film dubbed into Kannada was the iconic Telugu classic Mayabazaar in 1965.
Krishnegowda, the President of the Kannada Dubbing Film Chamber has acquired Kochadaiyaan’s dubbing rights and currently, dubbing work is in progress. The producer is also trying to rope in Ranjinikanth for the audio launch event.
It is well known that the Karnataka government does not allow dubbing films to protect its language and identity. But recently, the ban on dubbing films has been lifted by the Competition Commission of India (CCI).
- Sumanth recreates ANR’s aura for NTR biopic
- Mohan Babu’s mother Lakshmamma passes away
- Shruti Hassan’s musical talk show to be aired soon
- Abhishek Bachchan is ready to debut in Tollywood
- Is Nayanthara and Vignesh Shivan’s marriage on the cards?