Rajinikanth’s Petta is being eagerly awaited by the Super Star fans. With talented young filmmaker Karthik Subbaraj directing the movie, expectations on this high budget entertainer have been quite high.
Recently, there were reports that Petta, which was earlier slated for release during the upcoming Sankranti festive season, will be postponed. Rajini’s highly-anticipated sci-fi thriller, 2.0, releasing on November 29, just 45 days before Petta’s release, was said to be the main reason behind Petta’s postponement.
But busting all the rumors, Petta’s makers have confirmed this morning that the film will indeed hit theaters for Pongal. However, the exact date of release will be announced later. This means that Petta will have a mega clash with Ajith’s Viswasam in Tamil and with NTR, Vinaya Vidheya Rama and F2 in Telugu.
Petta also has acclaimed actors like Vijay Sethupathi, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Trisha, Simran and Megha Akash playing prominent roles. Sun Pictures is bankrolling this high budget entertainer.
Articles that might interest you:
- Yet another Jabardasth comedian turns hero
- RRR actress is Times Most Desirable Woman
- No story locked for Mahesh-Vamshi Paidipally’s next film
- Director opens up about Salman’s cameo in Saaho
- FDFS : Highlights Updates from Sita
- Fresh troubles for Arjun Reddy’s Tamil remake