Rakul Preet’s career in recent times has had its share of ups and downs. However, ever since her latest Hindi film, De De Pyar De has turned out to be a hit, the actress is growing from strength to strength as far as her professional life is concerned.
The latest news is that the actress has been approached for an important role in Shankar’s Indian 2, starring Kamal Haasan. The film was kept on hold since Kamal Haasan’s political party went on to contest in elections, and then, the actor moved on to hosting Bigg Boss 3 in Tamil. For a while, there were rumours that the producers had backed out of Indian 2; however, the latest buzz is that all issues have been sorted out and the film will go on floors soon.
It is not yet clear what role Rakul is likely to play in this eagerly awaited film. Kajal Aggarwal is the lead actress, and several other top stars are said to be onboard this project. Meanwhile, all eyes are on Manmadhudu 2 in which Rakul is paired opposite Nagarjuna. The film, directed by Rahul Ravindran, is slated for release on August 9.
Articles that might interest you:
- Saaho mania heats up in twin states
- Nandita Swetha’s suspense family thriller launched
- Naveen Polishetty to prove his mettle with Chhichhore
- Poll: Will RRR beat the collections of Baahubali?
- Revealed-How Kajal missed romancing Prabhas in Saaho
- Dhanush’s long-delayed film gets a release date