While a lot is being said about how actresses are not coming forward to help the needy in this lockdown period, star heroine Rakul Preet Singh has taken a noble decision. The actress is helping over 200 families living in a slum close to her home in Gurgaon by providing daily meals.
Interacting with a leading English daily, Rakul said that her family will be preparing the food in her society and distributing it to the needy families. “We are facilitating two meals a day for all those people and we have decided to do it till the time the lockdown is in place. If the lockdown gets pushed further, I will keep doing that. That’s my way of expressing my gratitude for everything I have and it is a very small effort,” Rakul said.
Articles that might interest you:
- Aakasame Nee Haddu Raa to be remade in Hindi?
- Positive reports for Allari Naresh’s Naandi
- Saaho disappoints on the small screen as well
- Balayya-Boyapati film resumes finally
- Rajasekhar recovering; To be moved out of ICU
- Chay, Samantha’s amusing banter about kids