What is the first thing that strikes your mind when someone tells you not to look at something? You will instinctively look at it even if you had no intention of doing so originally. That is human psychology and Ram Gopal Varma understands that very well.
Not only does he understand it, he uses it very effectively for the marketing of this movies. Recently, he came up with a note which asked viewers not to interpret controversial issues from the lyrics of a song in Bejawada. And he issued this note by highlighting the exact same controversial issues that he wanted people to avoid !
The result? Even people who were unaware of those controversial issues earlier are now aware and the buzz over the film increased as a result. Thats is what you call clever marketing.
Ram Gopal Varma may not have an MBA from a top notch college. But he sure is a marketing genius.
- 2.0 has been edited thrice- Shankar
- Akshay Kumar questioned by Punjab SIT over a 2015 police firing case
- Rakul’s role revealed in her upcoming Tamil biggie
- Subrahmanyapuram’s intriguing trailer raises expectations
- Poll : What did you think of Subramanyapuram’s trailer?