Maverick director Ram Gopal Varma had a sudden jolt yesterday when the IT sleuths raided his office located in Millat Nagar, Andheri. RGV was taken aback with the surprise visit and was grilled for close to eight hours with enquiries about his various production houses in detail.
The IT officials could not find the records of some of his production houses including Dream Force Productions and Dream House Enterprises.Officers are suspecting that they were only there for namesake and no evidence in paper could be produced.
The director has shifted his offices to Hyderabad from Mumbai post 2008 since his productions suffered severe financial losses. Recently 132 celebrities were served notices for tax evasion and Ramu’s name was not featured in the list which led to the raid by the IT officials.
- Assamese film Village Rockstars is India’s official entry at Oscars 2019
- Sailaja Reddy Alludu’s latest Nizam collections
- Nawab’s racy, intense second trailer sets expectations soaring
- Stage set for NOTA’s release
- Anupama Parameswaran’s interesting role in her next