The movie ‘Goliyon ka Rasleela, Ram Leela’ has been banned in Uttar Pradesh. The Allahabad High Court has issued the orders after admitting a petition filed by Maryada Purshottam Bhagwan Ramleela Samiti.
The move comes as a blow to the film, which is doing decent business across India. Ranveer and Deepika have essayed lead roles in the movie and Sanjay Leela Bhansaali has directed the movie. The director has come under fire for the raunchy content in the film that carries a name that is quite holy for Hindus.
In its judgement, the High Court said “We are only concerned with the use of word ‘Ram Leela’ in the title of the film which hurts the sentiments of billions of people not only in India but all over the world”.
- 13 back-to-back 100 Cr movies in 8 years, Salman’s stunning record
- Interesting details about Nani’s Jersey revealed
- Talented actor joins Anjali’s Geethanjali 2
- Mayhem in June: 7 films to release on the same day
- Latest buzz on Balayya-Boyapati’s film