The movie ‘Goliyon ka Rasleela, Ram Leela’ has been banned in Uttar Pradesh. The Allahabad High Court has issued the orders after admitting a petition filed by Maryada Purshottam Bhagwan Ramleela Samiti.
The move comes as a blow to the film, which is doing decent business across India. Ranveer and Deepika have essayed lead roles in the movie and Sanjay Leela Bhansaali has directed the movie. The director has come under fire for the raunchy content in the film that carries a name that is quite holy for Hindus.
In its judgement, the High Court said “We are only concerned with the use of word ‘Ram Leela’ in the title of the film which hurts the sentiments of billions of people not only in India but all over the world”.
Articles that might interest you:
- First-of-its-kind promotions for Akhil’s Agent
- Simbu’s Pathu Thala clears censor formalities
- Renowned banner acquires distribution rights of PS-2 in Tamil Nadu
- Orange Re-release: Here is how much Ram Charan’s flop film made in 2 days in Nizam
- Telugu music composer dons director’s hat – Deets inside
- Time locked for Dasara’s fourth single
Ad : Teluguruchi - Learn.. Cook.. Enjoy the Tasty food