The movie ‘Goliyon ka Rasleela, Ram Leela’ has been banned in Uttar Pradesh. The Allahabad High Court has issued the orders after admitting a petition filed by Maryada Purshottam Bhagwan Ramleela Samiti.
The move comes as a blow to the film, which is doing decent business across India. Ranveer and Deepika have essayed lead roles in the movie and Sanjay Leela Bhansaali has directed the movie. The director has come under fire for the raunchy content in the film that carries a name that is quite holy for Hindus.
In its judgement, the High Court said “We are only concerned with the use of word ‘Ram Leela’ in the title of the film which hurts the sentiments of billions of people not only in India but all over the world”.
- Reputed distribution house bags NTR’s Nizam rights
- Aravindha Sametha gets a date for censor scrutiny
- NOTA’s Tamil version to get a huge release on par with top stars
- Pawan Kalyan felicitates his school teachers
- Award-winning filmmaker announces a film on Kerala floods