The movie ‘Goliyon ka Rasleela, Ram Leela’ has been banned in Uttar Pradesh. The Allahabad High Court has issued the orders after admitting a petition filed by Maryada Purshottam Bhagwan Ramleela Samiti.
The move comes as a blow to the film, which is doing decent business across India. Ranveer and Deepika have essayed lead roles in the movie and Sanjay Leela Bhansaali has directed the movie. The director has come under fire for the raunchy content in the film that carries a name that is quite holy for Hindus.
In its judgement, the High Court said “We are only concerned with the use of word ‘Ram Leela’ in the title of the film which hurts the sentiments of billions of people not only in India but all over the world”.
Articles that might interest you:
- Yet another heroine in talks for Rajasekhar’s next?
- Acting in a mass film for the first time is exhilarating: Varun Tej
- Yet another sizzling special song for Payal Rajput?
- Shraddha Kapoor in talks for a female-centric film
- Speed up the shoot: Kamal tells Indian 2 team
- Ace cinematographer Rathnavelu to turn director