In the past few years, Rana Daggubati has been going all out to explore opportunities in different areas, apart from just acting in films. He got involved in sports teams to promote Kabbadi and Boxing, apart from collaborating with UK-based studios to produce new content.
The latest news is that Rana has been roped in as a board member for the prestigious Mumbai Film Festival, which is held annually in October-November. The actor stated that his main aim is to bridge the gap between national cinema and regional cinema, and he is going to try his best to give a big platform for good independent films being made in Telugu, Tamil, and Malayalam industries.
Incidentally, there is hardly a representation from Telugu film industry at film festivals both at a national and an international level. It will be interesting to see if Telugu films find a footing in prestigious film festivals in India in near future, with Rana rubbing his shoulders with some of the biggest film producers and film festival curators.
Articles that might interest you:
- Sarileru continues its stronghold in B and C centers
- Noted Actress turns singer
- Star director reveals Anu Emanuel’s attitude issues
- Allu Arjun is a dangerously hardworking actor : Murali Sharma
- Mahesh Babu’s new multiplex in this city?
- Strict rules being followed for megastar’s next