Sharwanand’s period gangster drama Ranarangam released yesterday and received mixed reviews. However, despite the not so encouraging word of mouth, the film collected nearly Rs 3.80 crore share in Andhra, Nizam and Ceded regions. This is the best ever opener in Sharwa’s career.
Ranarangam’s team interacted with the media earlier today. Speaking at the press meet, Sharwa said that he has tried out a full-on mass character for the first time and that he is happy with the kind of response his performance and the movie have been getting.
“Ranarangam is a screenplay based movie. We were disappointed with the talk after the morning shows. But the film registered housefulls in B, C centres from the evening shows. Usually my films run well in A centres and then the talk spreads to the B, C centres. But it’s quite opposite with Ranarangam. The film has brought me close to the B, C centre audiences,” Sharwa said, thanking his producers at Sithara Entertainments for ensuring such a wide reach.
Articles that might interest you:
- I’ll be glad to welcome Kalyani into my life again: Surya Kiran
- Chandni Chowdary shuts her troller in a solid manner
- Sankranthi 2021- Fight for more theatres starts between these two biggies
- Allu Arjun’s intro fight in Pushpa to evoke goosebumps
- Lockdown Review : Dolly Kitty Aur Woh Chamakte Sitare- Hindi film on Netflix
- Not KGF but Sanjay Dutt to shoot for this biggie next?