Sharwanand’s period gangster drama Ranarangam released yesterday and received mixed reviews. However, despite the not so encouraging word of mouth, the film collected nearly Rs 3.80 crore share in Andhra, Nizam and Ceded regions. This is the best ever opener in Sharwa’s career.
Ranarangam’s team interacted with the media earlier today. Speaking at the press meet, Sharwa said that he has tried out a full-on mass character for the first time and that he is happy with the kind of response his performance and the movie have been getting.
“Ranarangam is a screenplay based movie. We were disappointed with the talk after the morning shows. But the film registered housefulls in B, C centres from the evening shows. Usually my films run well in A centres and then the talk spreads to the B, C centres. But it’s quite opposite with Ranarangam. The film has brought me close to the B, C centre audiences,” Sharwa said, thanking his producers at Sithara Entertainments for ensuring such a wide reach.
Articles that might interest you:
- Vijay Sethupathi in Pushpa 2
- World’s first non-linear single-shot film to release on this date
- Ram Charan’s career best look for RC15
- Dhanush’s Captain Miller announcement breaks Kollywood records
- Arjun Das thanks Thalapathy Vijay and Lokesh – Deets inside
- Official: Krishna Vamsi to make a high-budget OTT movie