A day before its worldwide release, Ranbir Kapoor starrer Sanju has landed in legal trouble. The actor, along with Anushka Sharma, and Rajkumar Hirani, the writers and producers of the film, have been named in a complaint filed by National Commision For Women (NCW).
According to the latest reports, NCW pointed out to a dialogue in the trailer where Ranbir Kapoor’s character, Sanjay Dutt, slept with nearly 350 women, and said that it portrays women fraternity in a negative light. With just a day to go before the release, it is unlikely that a legal action will be taken at this hour; however, the timing of the complaint has come as a surprise to many.
The film is a biopic on the life of movie star Sanjay Dutt and Ranbir Kapoor has reprised his role. Sanju also stars Sonam Kapoor in a crucial role, along with Anushka Sharma.
- Star actress trashes rumours about her career in Telugu
- RGV’s production Bhairava Geetha gets a new release date
- Dubbing union terminates Chinmayi’s membership
- Dear Comrade to be quite realistic like Arjun Reddy
- Nandamuri hero’s next is a Telugu-Kannada bilingual