Sukumar’s upcoming film Rangasthalam is one of the most eagerly awaited films of the year. Already, the film’s trailer has made a big splash on the internet, and at the recent pre-release event in Vizag, the whole team and Chiranjeevi praised the ace director for making a village-based drama that’s expected to impress everyone.
In a recent interview, Sukumar said that although he kept looking for logic in every story that he has been narrating, he always thought about making a film based on his life in his native place. “I get nostalgic and emotional when I remember my childhood memories (during the ’80s) like the television news reader, radio commentary, teachers, classic songs, etc, and instantly connect with them. So my soul is left there, and Rangasthalam is an attempt to reflect those memories on screen. So the film was like soul-searching for me,” Sukumar said.
The film stars Ram Charan, Samantha in lead roles. DSP has scored the music, and the film is slated for release on March 30.
Articles that might interest you:
- Mahesh vs Bunny Sankranthi clash- Fight getting serious
- Prabhas’s actor friends to fly London for special bash
- Hilarious title for Dil Raju-Krish’s maiden production
- Poll : In which of these genres should Mahesh and Rajamouli collaborate?
- Dil Raju to release noted comedian’s film
- Prabhas to lose more weight