Ranveer Singh is back in news, yet again, thanks to his upcoming film Gully Boy. Directed by Zoya Akhtar, the film also has Alia Bhatt playing a lead role, and it narrates the story of how a youngster from a slum in Mumbai becomes a popular rapper.
The film was recently premiered at the prestigious Berlin Film Festival. Not only did it get glowing reviews from critics, but also the film got a thunderous response and a standing ovation at its first public screening. Ranveer Singh went a step further and entertained everyone with his impromptu rap.
Several critics stated that they had never seen such a response at Berlin film festival in more than 20 years. Meanwhile, going by the early reports, Ranveer Singh is said to have delivered the best performance of his career, and Alia too is said to be terrific in the film. Gully Boy is going to hit the screens on February 14.
Watched the GULLY BOY world premiere tonight in a packed house with @RanveerOfficial, @aliaa08 & @ZoyaAkhtarOff present. Biggest cheers I’ve heard in 20+ years at the Berlinale. pic.twitter.com/Lk8OUoA663
— Cameron Bailey (@cameron_tiff) February 10, 2019
— Manasa Rao (@Know_Manasa) February 10, 2019
Articles that might interest you:
- Poll : Will Naga Chaitanya impress as an Army officer in Venky Mama?
- 40-minute Kashmir episode to be the highlight of Venky Mama
- Sai Tej’s brother locks his second film?
- Nikhil gets a shock on promotional tour
- SPB’s majestic rendition shines in Entha Manchivaadavuraa’s Emo Emo
- Top Hollywood star evinces interest in acting in Bollywood