A day after his defeat in the recently concluded MAA elections, President candidate Prakash Raj had tendered his resignation to his primary membership with MAA. Prakash Raj said that he has been an integral part of MAA for nearly 20 years and that he no longer wants to continue in an association that alienates an actor based on his or her region.
However, in a latest interaction with the media, Prakash Raj said that he will reconsider his decision and take back his resignation if the new MAA President Vishnu Manchu does not change the bylaws of the association. “Vishnu must not change the existing rule that allows a non-Telugu-speaking actor to contest in the future MAA elections,” said said Prakash Raj.
In a dramatic move, 11 members belonging to Prakash Raj’s panel announced that they are submitting their resignation from their posts and to MAA. They alleged that the current environment in MAA is not favorable for a smooth functioning of the association.
Articles that might interest you:
- Varudu Kavalenu completes censor; Gears up for Oct 29th release
- Shah Rukh Khan meets son Aryan Khan in prison
- First glimpse of Kiran Abbavaram, Chandini Chowdary’s Sammathame out now
- After Balakrishna, this senior hero to make his digital debut on Aha?
- Kamal Haasan forays into fashion; To launch his own label
- Who is Naga Babu without Chiranjeevi and Pawan?