It’s been more than 36 hours since the passing away of legendary actress Sridevi in Dubai. However, her mortal remains are yet to reach Mumbai for the funeral. As per the latest updates, Sridevi’s mortal remains will be repatriated to India in a special jet at 3:30 PM Dubai local time. The funeral will be held later today.
Apparently, the authorities in Dubai have not expedited the formalities owing to Sridevi’s celebrity status and followed all the normal procedures and this has caused the delay. Below are the procedures being followed by the Dubai authorities in repatriating Sridevi’s mortal remains:
1. The mortal remains were first kept in the morgue at Al Qusais for forensic examination.
2. As soon as the forensic reports are handed over, the mortal remains will be taken to Muhaisna for embalming. The process usually takes 90 minutes.
3. Dubai Police will issue the clearance after receiving the autopsy report.
4. Indian consulate in Dubai will then cancel the deceased person’s passport and issue the death certificate as well as the No Objection Certificate.
5. Immigration Department will complete the administrative procedures after receiving the NOC.
6. Mortal remains will be handed over to the family members in the presence of a Public Prosecutor.
7. Mortal remains will then be flown back to India.
- Noted actor to quit film production?
- Press Note : Godavari Launches their New Brand “Paneer” – The Mall Concept Food Court
- Jyothika earns rave reviews for her latest film
- Amar Akbar Anthony off to a slow start in the US
- Deepika, Ranveer’s new home costs Rs 50 crores!