It’s been more than 36 hours since the passing away of legendary actress Sridevi in Dubai. However, her mortal remains are yet to reach Mumbai for the funeral. As per the latest updates, Sridevi’s mortal remains will be repatriated to India in a special jet at 3:30 PM Dubai local time. The funeral will be held later today.
Apparently, the authorities in Dubai have not expedited the formalities owing to Sridevi’s celebrity status and followed all the normal procedures and this has caused the delay. Below are the procedures being followed by the Dubai authorities in repatriating Sridevi’s mortal remains:
1. The mortal remains were first kept in the morgue at Al Qusais for forensic examination.
2. As soon as the forensic reports are handed over, the mortal remains will be taken to Muhaisna for embalming. The process usually takes 90 minutes.
3. Dubai Police will issue the clearance after receiving the autopsy report.
4. Indian consulate in Dubai will then cancel the deceased person’s passport and issue the death certificate as well as the No Objection Certificate.
5. Immigration Department will complete the administrative procedures after receiving the NOC.
6. Mortal remains will be handed over to the family members in the presence of a Public Prosecutor.
7. Mortal remains will then be flown back to India.
Articles that might interest you:
- Hari Hara Veera Mallu heroine’s love story becomes a hot topic
- Narappa’s first copy to be ready soon
- David Warner wins the hearts of Hyderabadis and Indians
- Nani, Satya Dev and Roopa’s Daare Leda gets a launch date
- Noted editor to turn director work with Nithin’s next?
- Actress Kavitha’s son passes away due to COVID-19; Husband critical