Vijay’s upcoming film Mersal is going to have a record release, if the latest reports in Kollywood are anything to go by. Apparently, the film is going to release in a whopping 3292 screens across the world, which is a new high in Vijay’s career.
Hema Rukmini, one of the producers of the film, confirmed the news to the Kollywood media and it is said to be one of the highest ever for a South Indian film. While the expectations are sky high on the film, there is still no clarity if the tussle between the producers council and the government, over double taxation, is going to end anytime soon.
Meanwhile, the makers of Mersal are hoping that all issues will be resolved and that the film will have a smooth release on October 18. The film will release in Telugu as Adhirindhi. AR Rahman has scored the music.
Articles that might interest you:
- This music director in talks for Mahesh-Parasuram film
- Press Note: “Godavari Enters Florida with Tampa Location”
- Poll : What did you think of Red’s teaser?
- Red teaser- Intriguing and well cut
- Mohan Babu looks regal in Aakasame Ne Hadduraa new posters
- Chiranjeevi as chief guest for O Pitta Katha’s pre-release event