One of India’s most eminent music composers, A R Rahman has stated that the trend of remixing popular songs is annoying, especially when the original musicians aren’t given credit. He made this statement while promoting his upcoming film, 99 Songs, which has also produced.
Elaborating further, Rahman said that he considers the original version of songs to be holy and it’s unfair when other musicians just add couple of lines to the song and put their name to it. “It’s unfair when you don’t give proper credit because someone, who isn’t aware of the original, might end up thinking that it belongs to the one who has remixed it. That’s annoying. So credits have to be given and proper permission has to be taken,” he said.
The music director also added that some of the remixes of his own songs aren’t up to the mark; however, he couldn’t do anything to stop them from remixing his songs further.
Articles that might interest you:
- Four star heroines to clash on OTT
- Actress, cancer survivor turns producer
- Telugu girl returns to Tollywood after making her mark in Kollywood
- Punarnavi’s performance to stand out in her next
- Charmme’s parents test positive for COVID 19
- Chay Akkineni’s crazy project launched in style