The entire country is in a state of utter shock knowing about the ghastly mass molestation of women during the New Year’s Eve celebrations in Bengaluru. Yesterday, a chilling CCTV footage in which two bike-borne assailants molested a young girl splashed all-over the internet and boiled everyone’s blood.
Former actress turned filmmaker Renu Desai has an important message for filmmakers in the wake of this horrible mass molestation issue and the moral policing that followed.
In an early morning Twitter interaction with her followers today, Renu endorsed a fan’s opinion that filmmakers should first stop picturizing harassment scenes in movies and it will in turn bring down abuse on women in the society.
Renu Desai further said to all those who were complaining about the way today’s women dress up and behave in public that it is never about how a girl dresses up and that it is always about the perverted male eyes.
Articles that might interest you:
- Who will be the hero for Koratala Siva’s next?
- Dil Raju drops plans to remake noted Bollywood hit?
- Taapsee’s proud statement on Filmfare cover page feat
- Rakul’s noble gesture for 200 families in this lockdown
- After Bunny, Sukumar to direct this star hero?
- Change of plans for Ajith’s film