Maverick director Ramgopal Varma, was in news for his offensive tweets on Lord Ganesha. On the occasion of Vinayaka Chavithi, RGV posted a series of tweets which did not go well with most of the public. A police case was registered against the RGV by a lawyer named Karuna Sagar, at the Saroornagar police station in Hyderabad.
According to Saroornagar police inspector B. Naveen Reddy, the filmmaker was booked under four sections of the Indian Penal Code – sections 153 A (promoting enmity between different groups), 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of peace), 505 (statements conducing to public mischief), and 298 (hurting religious feelings).
Lawyer Karuna Sagar, in his complaint alleged that RGV had hurt the religious sentiments of Hindus by insulting Lord Ganesh through his tweets. Apart from this, many other other police complaints were filed against Varma in Mumbai. More details of this case will be known soon.
- Award-winning filmmaker announces a film on Kerala floods
- Bollywood star thrilled to share screen space with Nagarjuna
- Varma’s teaser hints at a faithful remake of Arjun Reddy
- Poll : What did you think of Varma’s teaser? ((Arjun Reddy remake)
- Poll : Who among these contestants will get eliminated today in Bigg Boss2?