With his ambitious Bollywood movie, Sarkar 3, slated for its release on May 12, director Ram Gopal Varma has received a huge shocker from the Bombay High Court. The High Court, after watching a preview screening of the movie, has ordered RGV to give due credit to Nilesh Girkar as the story writer of Sarkar 3.
With the movie already postponed once, RGV too had no other option left but to bow down to the High Court’s diktat and has agreed to give credit to Nilesh in his film’s opening titles. Apart from the story credit, the High Court has also directed RGV to settle the outstanding amount of Rs. 6.20 lakhs to the writer.
On January 30, Nilesh had moved the Bombay High Court filing a copyright infringement case against RGV claiming that he had been denied credit for the film’s script and also alleged non-payment of the full remuneration of Rs. 8 lakhs, as promised by RGV.
Articles that might interest you:
- Sharwanand’s next with young director?
- Lawrence hints at returning to Laxmmi Bomb
- Prabhudeva, Tamannaah’s film postponed to avoid confusion
- Manchu couple congratulates YS Jagan and Bharathi
- Hollywood flick Aladdin beats latest Bollywood releases
- Akshay Kumar finds Lawrence’s replacement