Shobu Yarlagadda, producer of the Baahubali franchise, took part in the ongoing Indywood Film Carnival in Ramoji Film City. In The Big Picture panel moderated by noted box-office tracker Taran Adarsh, Shobu spoke about the present state of film distribution system.
Taran asked Shobu why today’s filmmakers aren’t willing to follow the age-old tradition of arranging preview screenings for distributors before sealing the business deals.
“With the advent of social media, it’s risky these days to screen a film before its release. All the exciting details about the movie are making their way to the internet and audiences are losing interest in those movies. Producers who are investing hundreds of crores are not willing to take the risk,” Shobu said.
Articles that might interest you:
- Shahid reveals why he okayed Jersey remake in the first place
- Here are the concept and backdrop of Vinayak’s Seenayya
- Thalaivar168 to go on floors without Rajinikanth?
- Venky Mama’s advance booking starts on a positive note
- Samantha joins Venky Mama promotions
- NTR lands in Vizag, Rajamouli plans special scenes for RRR