Ritu Varma scored a big hit earlier this year with her film, Kanulu Kanulu Dochayante, in which she was paired alongside Dulquer Salman. The film did quite well in Tamil as well. Almost seven months later, she has impressed the Tamil audience yet again with her heartwarming performance in a recent anthology, Putham Puthu Kalai, which is streaming on Amazon Prime.
In the anthology, Ritu had appeared in Gautam Menon’s short film, Avarum Naanum/Avalum Naanum, which also had senior actor MS Bhaskar in a lead role. The story, written by Reshma Ghatala, explored the relationship between an old man and his granddaughter. Among the five short stories in the anthology, Gautam Menon’s short film has won universal acclaim, and Ritu, in particular, has been praised both for her acting skills and also her persona in the story.
The actress is also part of Tuck Jagadish in Telugu, and another film alongside Ashok Selvan and Nithya Menon, apart from Gautham Menon’s Dhruva Nachathiram which is yet to release.
Articles that might interest you:
- Big Boss 5: Time to eliminate a male contestant
- Interview : Deva Katta – Tej’s work will shock you in Republic
- Rashmika’s intense look from Pushpa to be out tomorrow
- Team Liger celebrate Puri’s birthday in Goa
- Poll : Which of these combinations of Puri Jagannadh is your favourite?
- Parvatipuram from Kinnerasani sounds quite earthy