It is a known fact that RRR actress, Alia Bhatt is doing a crazy project called Gangubai Kathiawadi which went on the floors in December 2019. Post the lockdown, the film’s shoot is in full swing as of now.
But in what could be said as bad news, the film has landed in a legal soup. The film is based on the real-life character of Gangubai, who ran a sex racket and also had connections with the mafia years ago.
The latest update is that one of the adopted sons of Gangubai, Babuji Rawji Shah, has filed a case against Alia and Hussain Zaidi who has penned the book Mafia Queen of Mumbai on which the movie is based on claiming that parts of the book are defamatory.
A case has been filed and the hearing will be held on the 7th of January in Mumbai’. Legendary filmmaker, Sanjay Leela Bhansali is directing this film.
Articles that might interest you:
- Mukhachitram wraps up its censor
- OTT: Unstoppable S2’s latest episode creates sensation
- Most Eligible Bachelor talks about his wedding plans
- Sasanasbha gets its release date
- Latest: Akshay Kumar begins shooting for his Marathi debut
- Official: Yashoda to stream on Amazon Prime Video from this date