By now, everyone is aware that a Gujarati film Chhello Show (Last Film Show) is selected as India’s official entry to the Oscars over the epic blockbuster RRR. Not only Telugus but many Indians are unhappy with the decision of not selecting RRR as an official entry.
But, there is still a chance for Rajamouli’s magnum opus to make it to the Oscars. Though the Indian government snubbed it, Variance Films, which distributed RRR in the USA is trying hard to submit the film to the Oscars in several categories.
The report is that the US distribution company is submitting the film for Best Picture, Best Actor (Ram Charan and Jr NTR), Best Director, Original Song (Naatu Naatu), Original Score, Supporting Actress (Alia Bhatt), Supporting Actor (Ajay Devgn) and Original Screenplay (Vijayendra Prasad) categories.
More than 10,000 Academy members are there and Variance Films is urging the members to vote for the film in various categories. We need to wait to know whether the members will love it like the rest of the Westerns or not. Let’s hope that RRR will make it to the Oscars.
Articles that might interest you:
- Leading VFX company clarifies about Adipurush graphics
- Bigg Boss 6 – Revanth goes against house captain
- Godfather’s pre-release business in Nizam is here
- Urmila Matondkar makes her OTT debut – Deets inside
- Interview : Varsha Bollamma – My character dominates Ganesh in Swathimuthyam
- Ticket prices reduced for Rashmika’s Godbye