Finally, the word is out from the horse’s mouth. Ever since the lockdown was announced, there have been rampant speculations that Rajamouli’s highly-anticipated pre-independence epic, RRR, may not hit screens for Sankranthi next year.
Now, the film’s producer DVV Danayya confirmed in a latest interview with a popular English daily that it is now impossible for the film to be released on January 8 next year as as scheduled earlier. Danayya went on to say that nearly 70 percent of the film’s shooting formalities have been wrapped up so far.
The producer further added that the team is ready to shoot with a limited crew if the government gives necessary permissions. Since the VFX works need considerable amount of time, a Sankranthi release seems to be ruled out. Meanwhile, speculations have been rife that RRR may now be released on April 28, 2021, the very date on which Rajamouli’s magnum opus, Baahubali 2, released and created history.
Articles that might interest you:
- Salman’s cameo in SRK’s film to be shot here
- Noted channel bags digital rights of Balakrishna’s next?
- Mahesh-Rajamouli film to go on floors during this film?
- Gaali Sampath gets a U certificate; All set for March 11 release
- Gaali Sampath is the best role of my career- Rajendra Prasad
- UV Concepts’ maiden film Ek Mini Katha aims April release