Thalaivi, the Tamil-Hindi biopic on legendary yesteryear actress and former Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa, was supposed to hit screens on April 23. However, the film’s release was postponed indefinitely due to the rising number of COVID-19 positive cases in India. There has been no clarity on the new release date until now.
Meanwhile, there have been several speculations that Thalaivi will be skipping its theatrical release and opt for a direct OTT release instead due to the prevailing uncertainty. However, the film’s leading lady Kangana Ranaut took to Instagram and put an end to all the rumours. She said that Thalaivi will surely release in cinemas first.
Furthermore, Kangana also revealed that the digital rights to Thalaivi’s Tamil version were acquired by Amazon Prime, while Netflix has acquired the film’s Hindi version’s streaming rights. Both the OTT platforms will stream Thalaivi only after a theatrical release.
AL Vijay has directed Thalaivi, which also stars Arvind Swami and Poorna in crucial roles. Vishnu Induri and Shaailesh R Singh have produced the movie.
Articles that might interest you:
- Amazon Prime plans massive release of these three biggies
- Rashmika not interested in this happening remake?
- Mega hero does not want to be image bound
- Venu Sriram gets his new film okayed
- One more Hindi biggie to be out on Amazon soon
- Confirmed- Mahesh to romance two heroines in Trivikram film