Tamil beauty Sai Pallavi weaved magic with her girl-next-door looks and impressive acting prowess in Premam and Fidaa. The actress is foraying into Kollywood with a Tamil-Telugu bilingual horror thriller, titled Karu (Kanam in Telugu).
In Karu/Kanam, Sai Pallavi plays the role of a mother to a young girl. While most heroines find it difficult to accept mother characters, Sai Pallavi says she had no qualms about playing a mother onscreen. In a recent interview with a leading news portal, Sai Pallavi said that she didn’t know that there was a “misconception about playing mother roles early in the career.”
Sai Pallavi said, “It’s not that I’m playing a ‘mother character’ in my first Tamil film. I never looked at it that way. The role left a significant impact on me while listening to the narration and I think it was meant to be the right choice for me to make my debut.”
Directed by AL Vijay, Karu/Kanam had Naga Shaurya and Baby Veronica playing important roles. Lyca Productions banner has bankrolled the movie. Both the versions will be hitting the screens soon this summer.
Articles that might interest you:
- Poll : Which aspect of Ismart Shankar are you looking forward to?
- Lawrence ropes in Anjala Zaveri’s husband for his next
- Top producers joining hands for this remake
- Saaho’s 8-minute chase sequence in Abu Dhabi to be a grand spectacle
- For the first time, AR Rahman-Kamal Haasan team up for a magnum opus
- Mahesh still in world cup finals hangover