Bollywood superstar Salman Khan was today convicted in the 1998 blackbuck poaching case. A lower court in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, found Salman guilty of killing 2 blackbucks on October 2, 1998, when the actor went to shoot for the movie Hum Saath Saath Hain.
Salman has been convicted under Section 51 of the Wildlife (Protection) Act, which carries a maximum punishment of 6 years and minimum 1-year jail term. The quantum of sentence will be pronounced soon. The court, however, acquitted Salman’s co-stars in the movie Saif Ali Khan, Tabu, Sonali Bendre and Neelam.
Articles that might interest you:
- Puri Jagannadh writes to PM Modi on single use plastic
- War all set to enter 300 Cr club
- Tamannaah opens up about her views on marriage
- Raju Gari Gadhi 3’s 2-day Nizam collections
- Allu Arjun promises a Diwali treat to fans
- Top actress lends support for an UN campaign