Bollywood superstar Salman Khan was today convicted in the 1998 blackbuck poaching case. A lower court in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, found Salman guilty of killing 2 blackbucks on October 2, 1998, when the actor went to shoot for the movie Hum Saath Saath Hain.
Salman has been convicted under Section 51 of the Wildlife (Protection) Act, which carries a maximum punishment of 6 years and minimum 1-year jail term. The quantum of sentence will be pronounced soon. The court, however, acquitted Salman’s co-stars in the movie Saif Ali Khan, Tabu, Sonali Bendre and Neelam.
Articles that might interest you:
- Manchu Vishnu gets his son engaged in his film Mosagallu
- This actor still in consideration for Allu Arjun’s Pushpa?
- What happened to Rajinikanth-Kamal Haasan’s project?
- Special picture: Rana’s fiancee Miheeka displays her wedding jootis
- Fresh buzz on Balayya-Boyapati’s film
- Senior actor to make his own biopic