Bollywood superstar Salman Khan was today convicted in the 1998 blackbuck poaching case. A lower court in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, found Salman guilty of killing 2 blackbucks on October 2, 1998, when the actor went to shoot for the movie Hum Saath Saath Hain.
Salman has been convicted under Section 51 of the Wildlife (Protection) Act, which carries a maximum punishment of 6 years and minimum 1-year jail term. The quantum of sentence will be pronounced soon. The court, however, acquitted Salman’s co-stars in the movie Saif Ali Khan, Tabu, Sonali Bendre and Neelam.
- Star villain joins Sye Raa shoot
- Noted actor wraps up a key schedule of RC12
- NTR biopic finds its Savitri
- Raw and intense action episodes in Kalyanram’s next
- Big update: Rajini’s Petta joins Sankranthi race