Bollywood superstar Salman Khan was today convicted in the 1998 blackbuck poaching case. A lower court in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, found Salman guilty of killing 2 blackbucks on October 2, 1998, when the actor went to shoot for the movie Hum Saath Saath Hain.
Salman has been convicted under Section 51 of the Wildlife (Protection) Act, which carries a maximum punishment of 6 years and minimum 1-year jail term. The quantum of sentence will be pronounced soon. The court, however, acquitted Salman’s co-stars in the movie Saif Ali Khan, Tabu, Sonali Bendre and Neelam.
Articles that might interest you:
- Here’s the tentative new list of Bigg Boss contestants
- Happening crowd star to act in Pushpa 2?
- Sai Pallavi’s Tamil comeback with a female-centric film?
- Raj and DK to associate with Sundeep Kishan soon?
- Timmarusu and Ishq banking heavily on Festival weekend
- Akshara Gowda roped in for Ram’s next