Bollywood superstar Salman Khan was today convicted in the 1998 blackbuck poaching case. A lower court in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, found Salman guilty of killing 2 blackbucks on October 2, 1998, when the actor went to shoot for the movie Hum Saath Saath Hain.
Salman has been convicted under Section 51 of the Wildlife (Protection) Act, which carries a maximum punishment of 6 years and minimum 1-year jail term. The quantum of sentence will be pronounced soon. The court, however, acquitted Salman’s co-stars in the movie Saif Ali Khan, Tabu, Sonali Bendre and Neelam.
Articles that might interest you:
- Review : HIT 2 – Engaging and Intense
- Review : Matti Kusthi – Partly Engaging
- OTT: Ram Setu makes its digital debut, but with a twist
- Photo Moment: South cinema legends in a single frame
- OTT Review: Aha’s Comedy Stock Exchange S1 E1 – Relatable fun
- Natural star thanks fans for HIT 2 success