The scathing reviews that Salman Khan’s latest film Race 3 received didn’t seem to have made a dent to the film’s prospects at the box office. After the film took a good opening on the first day of its release, trade pundits have revealed that the collections rose significantly on the second day, on the occasion of Eid.
On Friday, the film opened to Rs 29.17 crores nett, which is the biggest opening figures this year. However, on Saturday, this number rose to a whopping Rs 38.14 crores. Now, it looks like the film will cross the Rs 100 crores mark by the weekend.
Traditionally, Salman Khan’s films have done extremely well when they release during Eid and once again, it is his star power that is pulling the crowds to the theatres. It remains to be seen if the film manages to maintain the momentum in the long run and if the word of mouth improves.
- Varma’s first look poster goes viral on social media
- Nithya Menen to play the title role in Jayalalithaa’s biopic
- U-Turn and Sailaja Reddy’s latest US Collections
- Sun Pictures to produce much-awaited superstar film
- Interview : Rashmika Mandanna – I am in no mood to speak about my breakup