Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif starrer Tiger Zinda Hai was one of the most eagerly awaited films of the year. The film, which was based on a rescue mission in Iraq, was directed by Abbas Ali Zafar and Yash Raj Films produced the big budget film.
According to an official press release, the film has collected Rs 34 crores (nett) on its opening day, which is a mammoth total; however, it has fallen well short of the record set by Baahubali 2. The Hindi version of Baahubali 2 alone had collected Rs 41 crores (nett) on the opening day.
With a long weekend ahead, Tiger Zinda Hai is expected to be a huge money spinner for both Salman Khan and Yash Raj Films. Now, it remains to be seen how long it takes for the film to enter the Rs 200 crores club.
Articles that might interest you:
- Nani’s film with Vishwak Sen to be launched tomorrow
- Rana busts rumors about him in style
- Vijay Deverakonda’s Taxiwaala being remade in Bollywood
- Bellamkonda Junior to romance 5 heroines in his debut film
- Star hero’s VFX company pulls off a stunning feat for Bigil
- Actor-producer Bandla Ganesh arrested