2019 was an exceptional year for Samantha in both Telugu and Tamil cinema. All her films including Majili, Oh Baby, and Super Deluxe opened to rave reviews, and Oh! Baby’s solid run at the box office proved why she is ranked among one of the very few superstars in South, who can pull off a female-centric film.
Meanwhile, the actress began her year with a bang. She won the Zee Cine Best Actress jury award for her role in Thiagaraja Kumararaja’s Super Deluxe. Samantha, who got extremely emotional while accepting the award, said, “I thought people will either appreciate or scold me for doing Super Deluxe. Thankfully, I didn’t face any harsh criticism for doing this film. Working with someone like Thiagaraja Kumararaja is truly a memorable experience for me.”
Later this year, Samantha will be seen in the Telugu remake of ’96, and the second season of Family Man. She is also said to be in talks for a few more female-centric films; however, an official announcement about her next set of films is yet to be made.
Articles that might interest you:
- Big banners and stars approach Gopichand Malineni
- Kannada biggie, Pogaru gets a release date
- Pawan Kalyan wraps up a key song for Krish’s film
- SV Babu opens up on 30 Rojullo Preminchadam Ela’s release
- Much-awaited project of megastar Chiranjeevi launched
- Tamannaah finalized for Kollywood hero’s next?