2019 was an exceptional year for Samantha in both Telugu and Tamil cinema. All her films including Majili, Oh Baby, and Super Deluxe opened to rave reviews, and Oh! Baby’s solid run at the box office proved why she is ranked among one of the very few superstars in South, who can pull off a female-centric film.
Meanwhile, the actress began her year with a bang. She won the Zee Cine Best Actress jury award for her role in Thiagaraja Kumararaja’s Super Deluxe. Samantha, who got extremely emotional while accepting the award, said, “I thought people will either appreciate or scold me for doing Super Deluxe. Thankfully, I didn’t face any harsh criticism for doing this film. Working with someone like Thiagaraja Kumararaja is truly a memorable experience for me.”
Later this year, Samantha will be seen in the Telugu remake of ’96, and the second season of Family Man. She is also said to be in talks for a few more female-centric films; however, an official announcement about her next set of films is yet to be made.
Articles that might interest you:
- Interesting details about Mani Ratnam’s OTT debut ‘Navarasa’
- Hyderabadi Bollywood actress strongly denies involvement in drug scandal
- Die-hard fan walks 250 kilometres to meet Allu Arjun
- Confirmed- Rana’s next to only have a big-screen release
- Senior actor to establish a film studio in AP
- National media to reveal bigger names in drug scandal