Passionate filmmaker Gunasekhar’s ambitious mythological magnum opus, Shaakuntalam, is being eagerly awaited by movie lovers. This period epic will feature Samantha in the title role. This evening, Sam took to Twitter and introduced the actor who will be playing Dushyant in the movie.
As being speculated, young Malayalam hero Dev Mohan has been roped in to play Dushyant, the scion of the Puru dynasty. Dev Mohan is popular for his role in Aditi Rao Hydari’s 2020 Malayalam film, Sufiyum Sujatayum. Shaakuntalam’s regular shoot will kick-start soon.. Neelima Guna is bankrolling this pan-India project and Manisharma is composing the soundtrack.
— Samantha Akkineni (@Samanthaprabhu2) March 6, 2021
Articles that might interest you:
- Ravi Teja’s Khiladi heads to Dubai
- Jagapathi Babu’s Bollywood debut with a jungle adventure
- Mahesh Babu’s lean and fit look in a latest still from Barcelona wows fans
- Allu Arjun appreciates Gaami’s announcement teaser
- Comedians Jabardast Avinash and Viva Harsha tie the knot on the same day
- Ravi Teja’s Dhamaka wraps up first schedule