Remuneration of artistes is one of the most talked about topics in the industry. Every time a film turns out to be a hit, the respective actors and directors are in news for increasing their remuneration for their next film, and producers too are willing to pay big bucks. But at the same time, there’s no denying that there’s a big wage gap when it comes to top actors and actresses.
In a recent interview to a leading film channel, Samantha spoke out about the wage gap in the industry and her comments on how the industry treats artistes have caught everyone’s attention. “Even if you are one of the top 3 heroines, your pay is much lesser compared to that of a hero who is not even in top 20. If a heroine asked for a pay hike, she is looked at as being problematic. But if a hero asks for a pay hike, he’s seen as being cool,” Samantha confessed.
The round table interview, which also features Taapsee and Anjali Menon, will be aired on March 8 on the occasion of Women’s Day, and the topic of discussion was representation of women in the film industry.
Articles that might interest you:
- Vakeel Saab’s latest Guntur and Ceded collections
- Prabhas to join Radhe Shyam shooting from next week
- RGV’s next film to get a massive release
- I love Pawan Kalyan, that’s why I criticized him: Prakash Raj
- Star Bollywood heroine in NTR-Koratala Siva film?
- Gunasekhar to resume Shaakuntalam’s shoot after false COVID diagnosis