Ever since Samantha took up the role of being a brand ambassador to handlooms, she’s going out of her way to do everything to create awareness about the handloom industry. Right from sporting handloom weaves at all public events to encouraging youngsters to wear hand-woven outfits, the actress has been at the centre of a campaign initiated by the Telangana government.
The latest news is that Samantha is going to be part of a documentary that will focus on the lives of handloom weavers in Telangana. The documentary has been shot by Dulam Satyanarayana, a young filmmaker from Telangana who has worked closely with the government to boost the tourism industry, and his team.
It remains to be seen when this documentary will be screened to the public and what aspects is the documentary going to cover. But the fact that Samantha became involved in this project shows that she is very clear about what her goals are when it comes to promoting handloom weaves.
- Senior hero to play villain in a film based on Pawan Kalyan
- Rajnikanth to play this powerful role after 3 decades?
- Latest speculation on NTR, Charan’s roles in RRR
- F2, VVR & NTR Kathanayakudu latest Krishna collections
- Nizam Collections: F2 continues dream run; VVR registers Zero share