It’s been a hectic month for Samantha. Soon after she completed shooting for her upcoming Tamil film Seema Raja, the actress has also wrapped up filming her part in Nag Ashwin’s Mahanati. The film, which tells the story of Savitri, has Samantha playing the role of a journalist.
Calling it a historic film, Samantha tweeted, “And it’s a wrap on #Mahanati 💃💃 Wrapped up 3 films this month 💪 Been an absolute honour to be part of such history @VyjayanthiFilms @nagashwin7 Thankyou for a wonderful experience!! #MahanatiOnMay9th.” Vijay Deverakonda is paired opposite Samantha in this biopic and it has Keerthy Suresh playing the lead role as Mahanti Savitri.
Meanwhile, all eyes are on Samantha in Rangasthalam which is gearing up for release on March 30. Directed by Sukumar, the film is set in 1980s and it has Ram Charan, Samantha, Aadhi, and Jagapathi Babu playing lead roles.
- Aravinda Sametha’s Peniviti song gets an unanimous thumbs up
- Akhil’s ultra stylish look in Mr. Majnu’s teaser wows fans
- Brazilian model to debut with Akhil’s Mr Majnu
- Poll : What did you think of Mr.Majnu’s first look?
- Femina Miss India South eager to make a mark in Tollywood