Last year, when Trisha and Vijay Sethupathi’s romantic drama, 96, became a blockbuster, Samantha was all praise for the film and its lead cast. However, amid speculations that Dil Raju will be remaking 96 in Telugu, Samantha surprised everyone by saying that a film like 96 shouldn’t be remade.
Call it a coincidence, Samantha has now been roped in by Dil Raju for 96’s Telugu remake. Today, during a media interaction, Dil Raju said that Samantha had made that comment on 96’s remake in haste. “She might have made that statement as she didn’t know who were part of the remake,” said Dil Raju.
96’s Telugu version will be helmed by Prem Kumar, who also directed the Tamil original. Sharwanand will play the male lead in the film. The regular shooting will commence soon.
Articles that might interest you:
- OTT Review : BFF – Telugu series on AHA
- Harish Shankar’s biggest promise to Pawan Kalyan’s fans
- Poll: Which of these first looks of NTR impressed you?
- Koratala Siva answers NTR fans in style
- F3 will be a laugh riot for the audience – DSP
- Finally, a Hindi film gets a good response