Last year, when Trisha and Vijay Sethupathi’s romantic drama, 96, became a blockbuster, Samantha was all praise for the film and its lead cast. However, amid speculations that Dil Raju will be remaking 96 in Telugu, Samantha surprised everyone by saying that a film like 96 shouldn’t be remade.
Call it a coincidence, Samantha has now been roped in by Dil Raju for 96’s Telugu remake. Today, during a media interaction, Dil Raju said that Samantha had made that comment on 96’s remake in haste. “She might have made that statement as she didn’t know who were part of the remake,” said Dil Raju.
96’s Telugu version will be helmed by Prem Kumar, who also directed the Tamil original. Sharwanand will play the male lead in the film. The regular shooting will commence soon.
Articles that might interest you:
- Review : Gaddhalakonda Ganesh – Passable Gangster Drama
- Review : Bandobast – Only for a few thrills
- Forest cops file chargesheet against Mohanlal
- Pooja Hegde joins Akhil4’s shoot
- Gaddalakonda Ganesh’s premiere show US collections
- Grandson urges people to not believe in actor-TDP MP Sivaprasad’s demise news