The government of Telangana has permitted the makers of Samantha’s Shakuntalam to shoot at the iconic Gandipet lake in Hyderabad. The Samantha starrer will be the first film to shoot at this iconic location in the last six years.
The government had prohibited film shootings at Gandipet lake for security reasons. Now, Shakuntalam is set to be shot at this location.
Shakuntalam is a love drama based on Hindu mythology Ramayana and that is one of the main reasons why Telangana government permitted the unit to shoot at Gandipet lake.
Samantha and the rest of the cast and crew will commence Gandipet schedule very soon. It is known that Allu Arjun’s daughter Allu Arha is debuting with this film.
Articles that might interest you:
- Amitabh Bachchan lands in Hyderabad for Prabhas-Deepika film’s muhurat
- Megastar lauds Venkatesh’s Narappa; Sends a voice message
- OTT Review : Nayanthara’s Needa – Telugu film on AHA
- Akkineni brothers approached for mega hero’s next?
- Arya and his actress wife, Sayyesha blessed with a baby girl
- Is Salman Khan upset with Rajamouli?