Sandeep Vanga is all set to make his debut in Bollywood this year with the Hindi remake of Arjun Reddy. Titled as ‘Kabir Singh’, the film has Shahid Kapoor and Kiara Advani in lead roles. The film’s promos have received a thumping response and expectations are high from the Hindi version too.
Apparently, Sandeep agreed to direct the film only because Shahid Kapoor came onboard, and he stated that the remake remains faithful to the original version, with some small changes to suit the Hindi audience sensibilities.
In a recent interview, when Sandeep was asked how he is going to handle the criticism that the film promotes male chauvinism, the director said, “This is not arrogance, but I genuinely do not bother about pseudo-feminists and pseudo-sympathisers. There is not one place where I have showed women in a derogatory way. There is no bum or cleavage shot. I never asked my audience to look at the girl’s body.”
It remains to be seen how the Hindi audience are going to react to the film which focus on the hero’s angst and how he destroys himself after his break up.
Articles that might interest you:
- 30 Rojullo Preminchatam Ela is back in news -Here’s how?
- Allu Arjun’s Sarrainodu is unstoppable there
- Bigg Boss 4- I was cleverly ousted out says Karate Kalyani
- SPB’s health: Kamal rushes to MGM; DSP, Thaman urge fans to pray
- Pawan Kalyan’s new model for Vakeel Saab’s remuneration?
- Varun Tej turns chef for Niharika