Sanju, the highly-anticipated biopic on Bollywood star Sanjay Dutt, has set a new opening record for the first half of 2018. Thanks to the unanimous positive reviews and stupendous word of mouth, Sanju collected Rs 34.75 crore nett on day 1. The film will surely amass over Rs 100 crore in its opening weekend itself.
With such a staggering opening, Sanju surpassed other 2018 highest opening Indian movies like Race 3 (Rs 29.17 Cr), Baaghi 2 (Rs 25.10 Cr) and Padmaavat (Rs 19 Cr). With Sanju, acclaimed filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani has once again clinched the crown for the most successful Bollywood directors of all time. Ranbir Kapoor’s superlative performance as Sanjay Dutt has left movie lovers in awe.
- Fans eagerly awaiting Aravinda Sametha’s audio
- One more surprise from ‘NTR’ biopic
- Music album scrapped for Suriya’s next
- Sumanth recreates ANR’s aura for NTR biopic
- Mohan Babu’s mother Lakshmamma passes away