Sanju, the highly-anticipated biopic on Bollywood star Sanjay Dutt, has set a new opening record for the first half of 2018. Thanks to the unanimous positive reviews and stupendous word of mouth, Sanju collected Rs 34.75 crore nett on day 1. The film will surely amass over Rs 100 crore in its opening weekend itself.
With such a staggering opening, Sanju surpassed other 2018 highest opening Indian movies like Race 3 (Rs 29.17 Cr), Baaghi 2 (Rs 25.10 Cr) and Padmaavat (Rs 19 Cr). With Sanju, acclaimed filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani has once again clinched the crown for the most successful Bollywood directors of all time. Ranbir Kapoor’s superlative performance as Sanjay Dutt has left movie lovers in awe.
- Poll : Which of these heroines should Bunny romance in his next?
- Sundeep Kishan’s kind gesture for his fan’s family
- Pressure on Yatra to impress the audience
- Nagarjuna to take a call on Soggade sequel very soon
- Sai Pallavi’s song becomes a sensation of sorts